CMC Apprenticeship Program
Includes College Level classroom training (which can be applied towards an Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology) plus 8000 hours of mentored On the Job Training as follows:
College classes (Subject to Availability):
• College level Algebra (minimum Math level)
• CAM/CNC Machining (2 Semesters)
• OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training (Certificate)
• Material Science
• Digital Circuits
• Fluid Power
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC Logic)
• Industrial Mechatronics and Robotics
• Technical Writing
• Public Speaking
• Elective of Student’s choice
• Bench Work/Assembly
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering/Robotics
• Surface Grinding
• ID/OD Grinding
• Manual Lathe
• CNC Lathe
• CNC Machining (Vertical/Horizontal)
• CNC Programming
• Wire EDM
Students who complete the program receive a Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship Program from the State of Ohio. The program takes 4 years to complete and the students do not take classes during the summer – however, they work full time (with benefits) year round.
Internship & Co-op Program
- Designed to allow them to work in a normal work atmosphere. This include special projects and activities.
- Are able to build on the job skills in a machining envrioment.
- Enables co-ops and students to network with profesionals in their field of interest.
- All interns and co-ops are paid postions
- Flexible schedule to work around school and other needs.
- Freshman through non-graduating seniors.
- Must be enrolled full time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accreddited university.
- A minimum of a 2.5 GPA is required
- Must be elligible to work in the United States.
- You will be expected to work 20 to 25 hours per week.
Majors of Opportunity
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Weld Engineering
- Production Control
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Click below to see how you can grow your career at Coldwater Machine!